Customer privacy is important to Farm Credit Services of America, provider of the AgDirect® equipment financing program, (hereinafter referred to as "AgDirect"). Our most important assets are customer relationships built on trust. We are committed to making sure that the Internet and telephone transactions with us are safe and secure, and that we use information only as our customers would expect us to use it. We will not collect personal information about you when you visit our Website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
Here is how we will work to protect your transactions:
- We hold any information customers give us in the strictest confidence.
- We safeguard customer information according to the strictest standards of security.
- We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information about our customers, and we update and test this technology to improve the integrity of our systems.
- We limit the information that we collect and use the minimum amount required to deliver extraordinary service to our customers.
- Only authorized employees or approved contractors of AgDirect will be permitted access to this information.
- We do not sell or trade customer information to any external organization as required by law or regulations. We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed our customers in disclosures or agreements that we will do so, or as required by law or regulations.
- When needed for the purposes of credit reporting, verification, and risk management, we exchange information about our customers only with reputable reference sources and clearinghouse services.
Description of Collected Information
If you visit our Website to browse, read pages or download information, we collect and store information. Like most Websites, we use "cookies." A cookie is a small amount of information that is maintained by your Web browser and may be placed on your hard disk. The cookie assigned to you will only be exchanged between your Web browser and Web servers in our domain. We use this information to help us make our Website more useful to visitors, measure the number of visitors to our Website, and learn about the types of technology our visitors use. The following information is collected about your visit on our site:
- Your Internet domain (e.g., xcompany.com) and your IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet) from which you access our Website;
- type of browser and operating system used to access our Website;
- date and time you access our Website;
pages you visit; and the address of the Website from which you linked to our Website.
If you are concerned about cookies, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence.
For Website security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the law.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
Our site is not intended for children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us personal information without their consent, he or she should promptly contact us and we will delete such information from our files. For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov.
Third Party Website Links
We may periodically offer links to 3rd party Websites. While we do our best to provide you with helpful, trustworthy resources, we cannot endorse, approve or guarantee information, products, services, or recommendations provided at a third party Website. Because we may not always know when information on a linked Website changes, we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any third party Website. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort resulting from the use of a link on its Website nor will we be liable for any failure of products or services advertised or provided on these linked Websites.
We offer links to you on an "as is" basis. When you visit a third party Website by using a link on our Website, you will no longer be protected by our Privacy Statement or security practices. The data collection, use and security practices of the linked Website may differ from the practices of our Website. You should familiarize yourself with the privacy statement and security practices of the linked Website as those are the policy and practices that will apply to your use of the linked Website, NOT our policy and practices.